what’s new at eshenaur’s
Happy spring! Thinking back to the winter of 2014-2015, we can’t say we had too much to complain about during the 2015-2016 season. Sure, we dealt with our share of snow storms and cold snaps—but after all we dealt with last year, a “typical” winter season this year was a welcome reprieve! All in all, we’re happy to see winter behind us as we plan ahead for warmer weather.
We would like to take a moment to thank our loyal customers for your patronage this winter. Your continued support is why we’ve been able to stay in business for nearly 90 years. It was especially nice to be able to offer low fuel prices to all of our customers this heating season. While we can never predict for certain where prices will be headed in the future, we hope that you were able to take advantage of this season’s savings—whether it was to put a little more back in your pocket, reinvest in your home, or take a much-needed vacation.
You may have noticed that we launched a new, user-friendly website in January, which allows our customers to have better access to company information and services on demand. Here are some of the notable new or improved features on www.Eshenaurs.com:
- Online Account Access. We encourage each of our customers to manage their account online which gives you the ability to make payments, set up auto pay, order fuel, schedule service, and so much more!
- Mobile-Friendly. Conveniently access your account or request service while you’re on the go through our new mobile-friendly site.
- Search Box. Looking for something specific on our site? Use a keyword search for instant answers!
- Request Service. No need to wait for regular business hours to schedule an appointment; simply fill out the form and we’ll get you in our books.
- E-Billing. Get your bill faster and more conveniently with our electronic statements—and do something good for the environment.
We hope that you’ve been enjoying the improved experience on our website. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call us.
Get Ready for Summer and Take Advantage of Cool Savings
We know you’re certainly ready for summer, but is your home? Your air conditioning unit has been sitting idly for several months, and when the dog days of summer hit and it’s time to crank up the air, you want to be sure your unit is running in top condition. That’s why now is the perfect time to have a technician come to your home for a quick system tune-up.
Here are just some of the ways your system will benefit from a tune-up:
- Maximize air flow and efficiency, which in turn improves performance and saves you money on your energy bills
- Minimize the need for unwanted repair and service calls
- Increase the lifespan of your unit through proper maintenance
- Enjoy better indoor air quality by removing debris, dust, and unhealthy particles that can build up in your system
Save Even More with an A/C Maintenance Plan
Whether you have a central A/C unit or a ductless mini-split, our team can keep your system running smoothly all summer long— choose from one of our A/C maintenance plans and get your system as ready for summer as you are! Plus, if you have a ductless mini- split system, you can save extra when you combine your A/C plan with your existing heating system plan.
Ask the Experts
ESHENAUR’s Plumbing Department
Q: What Can/Can’t I Put in My Garbage Disposal?
We’ve installed many disposals over the years, and we’re always asked the same question: “So, what exactly CAN I put in here?” Most all biodegradable food products can be put into a garbage disposal, with a few exceptions. Wondering if an item can/can’t go down? Here are some of the top items of question regarding food disposal:
CAN: Eggshells, small fruit pits, small bones. These items can help to clean your disposal by scraping away deposits and buildup.
CAN’T: Bleach and drain cleaners. The chemicals can damage blades and pipes. Try Borax, a natural sink cleaner and sanitizer, instead.
CAN (SPARINGLY): Fat and grease. Although it’s best to avoid putting fat and grease down the disposal when possible, it’s okay for small amounts to go through. Just be sure to run cold water so they harden into solid pieces when they go into the grinder (hot water will temporarily dissolve the fat, which in turn can accumulate in your drain line).
CAN’T: Corn husks or foods with high-fiber content (e.g., celery stalks, onion skins, artichokes). Fibers can get tangled and jam the disposal motor.
CAN: Ice. Ice is actually a great way to clean and scour the disposal while simultaneously sharpening your blades. Just be sure to use small/medium cubes.
CAN’T: Glass, plastic, paper, or metal. This includes bottle caps, paper napkins, and pieces of aluminum foil. We know most of these items go down accidentally (including silverware)—consider investing in a drain cover for times you’re not using your disposal to avoid surprises in your system.
Also, be sure to run cold when using your disposal in order to push the contents through the drain lines. And if you’re attempting to grind a large food item, consider cutting it into smaller pieces before putting it in the system to avoid clogging. These tips will help to keep your disposal running smoothly for years to come!
And if you DO end up with a clogged drain or mangled grinder blade, give us a call and we’ll be happy to come fix the problem.
Learn more about our plumbing services!
Save on Plumbing Services!
- General Plumbing Repairs
- Well Service & Water Treatment
- Septic Repairs
- Sewer & Drain Cleaning
- And more!
A Look Back at the 2015-2016 Heating Season
During the 2015-2016 heating season, both oil heat and propane customers enjoyed low home heating fuel prices. Oil heat customers saw some of the lowest prices in 13 years as the price of crude oil dipped under $30/barrel. These prices amounted to sizable savings on this season’s energy bills.
Why were oil prices lower this season?
Prices continued to drop during the peak months of the heating season for several reasons, but a few of the key reasons include:
- High Supply. Oil supply remained high in 2015 and during the early months of 2016 as the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) showed no signs of capping production. In fact, at the end of 2015, OPEC was producing more barrels per day than previous months.
- Warmer Temperatures. While by no means a warm winter, factors like El Niño kept temperatures seasonable, reducing fuel consumption in homes throughout the country.
- Better Technology. Every year, heating systems become more and more efficient as technology improves, which translates to lower consumption. Even small steps like annual system tune-ups can have a positive impact your system’s efficiency. Greater efficiency means higher savings in the long run.
Make the Most of Your Energy Savings
While it’s certainly tempting to take your energy savings from this heating season and do something fun—take a vacation, go on a shopping spree, have a fancy night out on the town—you should also consider reinvesting those savings back into your home’s energy efficiency plan. Doing so will save you even more in the long run. How so? If you put that money toward energy efficiency upgrades and a new high-efficiency heating system, you can often cut your fuel bills in half. Upgrading to high-efficiency equipment also adds value to your home. So instead of a spending your savings in the short-term, invest in higher savings for the long-term. Give us a call today to discuss upgrade options for your home!
Avoid Price Volatility with Pricing Plans
While we continue to enjoy lower fuel prices, there is no way to predict where they will end up in the future. Avoid paying high energy bills during the heating season with a pricing plan:
Instead of paying for the majority of your energy costs during the peak heating season, choose to evenly distribute your fuel payments throughout the year. This keeps your bill predictable and even.
Ready Reserve (A Pre-Buy Option)
Instead of purchasing the bulk of your fuel during peak winter months when rates tend to climb, purchase your fuel during the off-season for a guaranteed fuel supply all winter. No price hikes, no surprises.
Price Cap Plan
Choose the number of gallons you would like to purchase under a capped price and pay that amount. If the market price drops below your capped price during the season, you pay the lower rate. If it goes above the capped price, you don’t pay a penny more!
Click here to learn more about these plans.
Discover the Advantages of Propane for Everyday Use
Did you know propane is a domestically produced product? This versatile and efficient fuel can be used in many different ways other than home heating, for both indoor and outdoor living spaces.
- Hot water heating
- Cooking appliances
- Clothes drying
- Fireplaces/Fireplace inserts
- Gas grills
- Space heaters
- Pools/Hot tubs
- Fireplaces/Fire pits
At Eshenaurs, we have been delivering propane to our customers for over a decade and offer a range of propane services, from system installations to maintenance, residential and commercial delivery, and more. Trust the experts for all of your propane needs. Give us a call today!